Monday 19 January 2015

TEFL Class Course- Finished!

As part of my plans to reconvene with Sara I decided I could be useful if I knew how to teach English. I could do it socially and for money, should I need to. So, I booked a place on a course with TEFL academy that consisted of two 10 hour classroom days and 100 hours of online content. Lot's of things changed between me having the idea and the course.

On Thursday I found out that a university wanted a portfolio in 7 days,,, hm. And those course days are 10 hours meaning I lose two days... thought I'd at least have another month. Then on the second day of the course I got an interview invite for the same Thursday for a different university.

Still, I staved off the stress and did the course. It was really good! I would recommend it if the quality of the course didn't hinge so entirely upon the quality of the teacher. The people I was with were okay, too. Some were more interesting than others, a few were a bit annoying, but none of them were idiots. It was somewhat nice. I finished the course and it was worth it- that's what matters.

Now what? Well, I have those 100 hours of online stuff to get through. Thaaat can wait. I now have 4 days to finish a portfolio. Urgh. It's strange, in some ways things are getting harder but it's getting easier to be happy with things.

The lesson is that sometimes your brain can be separate from the situation you're in- it is probably recommended, really. That way, instead of being torn apart by the baggage you bring to a situation you can react in real time.

Ha! Abstractions will help no one! Sorry about that but I have very little time to do a whole bunch so I'll have to leave it there. Good luck to whatever it is you're working on. Just keep it cool. Getting physically stressed will help absolutely no one, least of all yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment