Saturday 17 January 2015

Playing Music With My Dad.


I'm not happy with quite a few aspects of my life. The physical parts- they're all great. I have water, food and warmth (mostly) and I am really happy about that. My dissatisfaction comes from perceived mental inadequacies.

The specifics are neither here nor there. On my travels I learned a lot and I felt as though i made a deep and significant change in who I was and what I am capable of. Upon my return I've come to doubt how effective that change was. Why am I not doing as well as I expected I would? (Again, specifics are neither here nor there)

This recording came about when I pushed through my doubts, and mental haze to put some effort into a single interaction. From my radical freedom I reaped a pretty decent reward.

I proved to myself that I have changed. This wouldn't have happened 18 months ago. I didn't have the mental reserves to talk and do something. Whatever my shortcomings- perceived or real- at least I know that I have a better bond with my family than I ever have and that's because of the changes I've made and the subsequent work I've felt able to put into all my interpersonal relationships.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment