Thursday 15 January 2015

I Applied to University.

This is a massive one for me. In 2013 I thought I could travel and find a place for myself. I think I got pretty close, actually. However, close isn't close enough, as I'm sure Zeno of Elia would attest.

On my way I learned how having a degree would open doors- on principal if not through effort. Having seen the discipline that Sara came from (Product/Industrial design) I was struck with an admiration of the field. I would say it was equal parts intimidation, too. I am applying for product/industrial design courses in the UK.

Anyway, I have applied to university. Something I thought I wouldn't do for a very very long time, if ever. I'm sick of working shitty jobs with uninspiring people and so this is (hopefully) a step in the right direction. Should I be successful I intend to use the skills I learn to help people/communities in meaningful, calculated ways.

On the downside close is still not close enough and I have to actually get accepted. I don't really have the qualifications I need despite the awesome personal statement and so if I somehow get my foot in the door I will need a good portfolio. I'm working on that but I am finding it very hard as I only have myself to depend on.



No comments:

Post a Comment